Older Toddlers/Early Preschool
Student Profile: 24 months through young 3 year-olds
Profile of an Early Preschooler
- Eager to learn, feel important, and help others!
- Can sit still for a brief circle time every morning, during which they greet their friends and are introduced to the day’s topic or theme.
- Love to imagine, play, dress-up, and explore new materials, toys, and concepts!
- Are working on potty training at home and at school.
- Engage in the multicultural study of the month, through geography, music, dance, images, crafts, and more!
3 full days/week
4 full days/week
5 full days/week
Tuition includes all meals, snacks, diapers/training pants, and wipes.
General Daily Routine:
7:30-8:15am: Mixed-age Before Care in the gymnasium
8:15-9am: Open play in the classroom
9:00-9:15am: Transition, clean-up
9:15-9:30am: Circle Time
9:30-9:45am: Morning Activity
9:45-10:00am: Wash hands, potty training
10:00-10:15am: AM Snack
10:15-11:15am: Recess outside
11:15-11:30 Handwashing and potty training
11:30-11:45 Free Play
11:45am-12:00pm: Handwashing, table setting, serving food
12:30-12:45pm: bathroom, stories, transition for nap
2:30-2:45pm: bathroom, handwashing
2:45-3:15pm: PM Snack
3:15-4:00pm: Recess outside
4:00-6pm: Mixed age After Care
- We launch each month with the introduction of our cultural study of the month, which often honors the heritage of a staff or Atlas community member.
- Meanwhile, typical preschool themes such as “five senses”, “life cycles”, “community helpers”, etc. are integrated into weekly subthemes.
- The teacher to child ratio in the preschool classroom is 1:5, and there are a maximum of 10 children enrolled per day.
Learn how our early childhood french immersion programs help your child get the most out of their education.