3 full days/week
4 full days/week
5 full days/week
Tuition includes all meals and snacks.
A day in the life of a Toddler at Atlas entails…
- Greeting teachers and friends with morning songs and rhymes
- Eating nutritious snacks and meals
- Learning to use the toilet independently
- Interacting with friends in pro-social ways
- Engaging in rich, sensory play
- Running and playing outside, rain or shine!
- Practicing fine motor skills through play and practice with manipulative objects
- Adventure to new and distant lands!
More about our Monkeys…
Most children will be between 24 and 40 months of age in the group with up to two children who are between 18 and 24 months old at any given time. Children are not required to be toilet trained. Teacher to child ratio is 1 : 7 or better at all times.
The benefits of mixed-age grouping at the toddler level are well-established:
- Older toddlers benefit in the mixed age setting, learning to care for others and set a “good example” by following teachers’ requests, modelling behavior for younger children, and gaining confidence in their role as “oldest” of the class.
- Younger toddlers benefit in the mixed age setting by observing their older peers who are more capable, and striving to acquire the same skills and language abilities of their older peers.
- Created “in-house”, rather than pre-packaged, our Lead Teachers spend time preparing our unique curriculum on a daily basis in team teaching cohorts.
- Monthly Curriculum is aligned to State Standards for Early childhood and activities are linked to the corresponding standards on the monthly outline.
- We honor a culture/country each month, often reflected in our teaching or student populations. The culture is honored through music, cuisine, activities, stories and souvenirs brought in from travels.
- We choose child-relevant early childhood themes each month (such as “five senses”, “life cycles”, “all about me”, etc.). In addition to learning about other cultures, we take time to follow the kids’ interests in typical childhood themes. These themes often link to seasonal changes & holidays.
- Toddlers engage in sensory play on a daily basis, and have fun in their weekly rotating sensory bins!
- Children are screened within 45 days of starting at Atlas for evidence of learning or developmental delays. We use the Ages & Stages Questionnaire for this screening.
- Regular Assessment takes place three times per year, and Parent-Teacher Conferences happen once in the Fall and once in the Spring.
Learn how our early childhood french immersion programs help your child get the most out of their education.