- Eager to learn, feel important, and help others!
- Can sit still for a brief circle time every morning, during which they greet their friends and are introduced to the day’s topic or theme.
- Love to imagine, play, dress-up, and explore new materials, toys, and concepts!
- Independent bathroom users, and don’t require teachers to prompt them to go use the toilet.
- Engage in the multicultural study of the month, through geography, music, dance, images, crafts, and more!
- Take pride in, and enjoy, exploring letter and number concepts more in-depth, as they prepare for Kindergarten.
- Generally listen to teacher directions, and can follow through when asked to do something.
- Understand the importance of using words to express feelings such as disappointment, hurt, sadness and anger, and control their impulses to use physical aggression.
General Daily Routine:
7:30-8:15am: Mixed-age Before Care
8:15-9am: Open play in the classroom
9:00-9:15am: Transition, clean-up
9:15-9:30am: Circle Time
9:30-9:45am: Handwashing, bathrooms
10:15-10:45am: Recess outside
10:45-11:45am: Centers time
11:45am-12:00pm: Handwashing, table setting, serving food
12:30-12:45pm: bathroom, stories, transition for nap
2:30-2:45pm: bathroom, handwashing
3:15-3:45pm: Open play
3:45-4:15pm: Recess outside
4:30-6pm: Mixed age After Care
- We launch each month with the introduction of our cultural study of the month, which often honors the heritage of a staff or Atlas community member.
- Meanwhile, typical preschool themes such as “five senses”, “life cycles”, “community helpers”, etc. are integrated into weekly subthemes.
- Weekly rotation of centers (ou les modules) based on our themes also allows children to engage independently with the curriculum, and provides time for self-led exploration.
- The teacher to child ratio in the Pre-K Classroom is 1:10, and there are a maximum of 20 children enrolled per day.